A Certified School Psychologist is available for Psychological Testing and Psychological Evaluations . Some of the evaluations we provide include:
- Psychological/Personality testing for children, adolescents and adults.
- Testing for Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- Intellectual and cognitive functioning testing for children, adolescents, and adults
- Testing for Learning Disorders, such as Mathematics, Reading, and Written Language disorders.
For more information or to make an appointment call 610-764-8655.
What is a Psychological Evaluation?
A Psychological Evaluation is a set of assessment procedures administered by a licensed psychologist or credentialed school psychologist to obtain information about learning, behavior, or mental health.
Psychological Evaluations can be valuable tools in understanding and addressing the needs and capabilities of individual students. When these evaluations are interpreted, and reported in a manner that accurately and fairly describes the individual’s needs, such evaluations can positively affect a student's educational career by identifying any learning impediments. Then an educational plan that utilizes the individuals’ strengths and supports and or addresses areas of needed development can be implemented.
Additionally, Psychological Evaluations can assist in developing instructional or behavior plans for individuals, to identify significant mental health concerns, or to determine eligibility for gifted programs or school readiness.
What Should I Expect?
Psychologists use different assessment procedures, or combinations of procedures, depending upon the reason for the evaluation. Generally, psychologists' evaluation procedures fall into the following categories:
- Standardized tests
- Rating scales
- Self-report scales
Our comprehensive reports can be used by parents to submit to schools, by college students who require special testing accommodations; by pediatricians, family doctors, or psychiatrists to evaluate the necessity of managing challenges and difficulties with medications.
When is an Evaluation Appropriate?
- Many may utilize the evaluation as a means toward qualifying for accommodations on standards and entrance tests. Many tests allow accommodations for students with disabilities such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or learning disabilities. Parents may seek evaluations hoping to document a qualifying condition.
- When a problem, that does not have a physical origin, is noticed and the cause needs to be determined. This problem can exist in several realms, for example:
- Inappropriate behavior
- Inappropriate mood states
- Failure to perform up to expected standards.
If you are a professional, such as a doctor or attorney that regularly requires psychological assessments for your clients, please contact us to discuss your needs.